Thursday, February 13, 2014

Here we go again......RunDisney weekend #2 & 2/3 of the way to Half Fanatic!!

I can't believe it's almost time for Princess Half Marathon Weekend!! August 2012......that is when I began planning to run this event. A YEAR AND A HALF IN THE WORKS!! Oh man....to say I'm excited for this weekend is an understatement!! First....it's Disney! I mean COME ON!! If you're going to run a half marathon, why not run through a castle! Second....it's a women focused event. I love to be around strong, confident, empowered women! I love it and get such a great feeling from all these happy wonderful women! I can't wait to go back to my own little tween girl and my troop of Girl Scouts and show them how wonderful women can be and share the positive experience that can be had at these events! Third.....got to focus on my short term goal of achieving Half Fanatic Status!! This is the 2nd of 3 Half Marathons in 90 days that I need to qualify! I live in a mid-size city, but we don't get a lot of half marathon action around here! Without Tink and Princess, I'm pretty sure it would be near impossible for me to achieve this status. And saving the best for last.....I'm most excited about meeting my IR4 Buddy!!! My buddy Naomi and her mom are driving down from Georgia to cheer me on at the race as I run 19.3 miles for her! I'm over the moon excited to meet her and SO HONORED to be running for Naomi! In the short 2 months since we got matched together by WhoIrun4.com she has become such an important part of my life! http://www.whoirun4.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment